Molasses Raisin Cookies Recipe
These old-fashioned mildly sweet cookies are dotted with walnuts and raisins. We like them soft right from the oven. Later, they crisp up and are perfect for dunking.—Denise and George Hymel, Gramercy, Louisiana
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Beat in molasses. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins and nuts.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 198 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Molasses Raisin Cookies
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2013
"Yummy! Perfect for Christmas!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC