Molasses Raisin Cookies Recipe
These old-fashioned mildly sweet cookies are dotted with walnuts and raisins. We like them soft right from the oven. Later, they crisp up and are perfect for dunking.Denise and George Hymel, Gramercy, Louisiana
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Beat in molasses. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Molasses Raisin Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p52
Reviews for Molasses Raisin Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review