Molasses Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Whipped topping
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg. Beat in pumpkin and molasses; gradually add milk. Pour into crust. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Remove foil. Reduce heat 350°; bake 28-32 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 257 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Molasses Pumpkin Pie
"This pie was great. The first piece was a little strong but the next day I tried it and loved it."
"this pie is delic.the taste is reminiscent of the woods, yet NOT overpowering-really has good flavoring. My daughter hasa potassium problem so I always have to use Grandma's Molasses in everything- this recipe came in handy for Thanksgiving and for everyda use. Good texture--good taste."