Molasses-Pecan Sticky Buns Recipe
As much as I like making yeast breads, I enjoy watching others enjoying my baking even more. These soft, tender rolls are loaded with the gooey goodness of molasses.—Shirley Saylor, Felton, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. + rising Bake: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, water and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3. Roll into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 12 rolls.
- 4. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in the brown sugar, pecans and molasses; pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place rolls, cut side down, in dish.
- 5. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 15 minutes. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 sticky bun equals 447 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC