Molasses-Pecan Sticky Buns Recipe
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, water and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3. Roll into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 12 rolls.
- 4. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in the brown sugar, pecans and molasses; pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place rolls, cut side down, in dish.
- 5. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 15 minutes. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 sticky bun equals 447 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Molasses-Pecan Sticky Buns
"I really don't give this any stars....This was a complete waste of time and good ingredients....They are terrible....I thought I'd have an easier, quicker recipe but I'll gladly go back to my old fashion recipe....At least we can eat those........"
"I loved the toping, but the buns were not good at all. I will use the topping on my old recipe."
"Save yourself time and effort. Buy a fresh bun then spread molasses on it.. You will get the same taste as this recipe and it's a lot less work. Couldn't taste the cinnamon (I put more on than the recipe called for) or the pecans."
"I think I have a new favorite roll recipe. I made these today and they are wonderful. I used regular yeast and allowed the dough to raise about an hour and then the rolls 30 minutes. Thanks for a great recipe."
"These were AWESOME and very easy - even using yeast! My brother makes sticky buns and he said they were easier than his recipe. YUMMY!"
"This were so easy to make. I usually fail miserably at making bread dough, but this time it turned out perfect. My husband said they were the best sticky buns he had ever had."
"THIS WAS TERRIBLE RECIPE. I WILL NOT MAKE IT AGAIN."