Molasses-Peanut Butter Glazed Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup maple syrup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1. Prepare grill for indirect medium-low heat. Grill ribs, covered, over indirect medium-low heat for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- 2. In a saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic over medium heat until tender.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, syrup, water, soy sauce, molasses, vinegar, ginger and red pepper flakes until blended. Stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Add peanut butter; cook for 2 minutes or until peanut butter is melted, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- 4. Add 10 briquettes to coals. Grill 20-30 minutes longer or until meat is tender, basting ribs with sauce several times. Yield: 6 servings.
TEST KITCHEN TIP You can make the sauce the day before you need it; store in the refrigerator.
1/2 pound: 711 calories, 47g fat (16g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 602mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Molasses-Peanut Butter Glazed Ribs
"Could these be done in a crock pot??"