- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup maple syrup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Prepare grill for indirect medium-low heat. Grill ribs, covered, over indirect medium-low heat for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- In a saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic over medium heat until tender.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, syrup, water, soy sauce, molasses, vinegar, ginger and red pepper flakes until blended. Stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Add peanut butter; cook for 2 minutes or until peanut butter is melted, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Add 10 briquettes to coals. Grill 20-30 minutes longer or until meat is tender, basting ribs with sauce several times. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Molasses-Peanut Butter Glazed Ribs in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p101
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Molasses-Peanut Butter Glazed Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2008
"Could these be done in a crock pot??"