Molasses Oatmeal Chip Cookies Recipe
Oatmeal Chip Cookies are a fun way to finish this meal. Susan Henry from Bullhead City, Arizona says, “My mom liked to add different spices to traditional recipes and create unexpected tastes. Molasses and cinnamon make these cookies stand out.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses, egg and vanilla. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 140 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC