Molasses New Potatoes Recipe
Molasses gives this potato dish a little sweetness while walnuts add some pleasant crunch. —Janet Dingler, Cedartown, Georgia
- 2-1/2 pounds new red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1. Place potatoes in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the oil, molasses, vinegar, thyme and salt. Drizzle over potatoes and toss to coat.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Stir in walnuts. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 264 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Molasses New Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC