Molasses New Potatoes
Molasses gives this potato dish a little sweetness while walnuts add some pleasant crunch. Janet Dingler, Cedartown, Georgia
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2-1/2 pounds new red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- Place potatoes in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. In a small bowl, combine the oil, molasses, vinegar, thyme
- and salt. Drizzle over potatoes and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Stir in walnuts. Bake
- 30-35 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender, stirring once.
- Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 264 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.