Molasses gives this potato dish a little sweetness while walnuts add some pleasant crunch. —Janet Dingler, Cedartown, Georgia
- 2-1/2 pounds new red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- Place potatoes in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the oil, molasses, vinegar, thyme and salt. Drizzle over potatoes and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Stir in walnuts. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Molasses New Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p124
Reviews for Molasses New Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review