Molasses-Glazed Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- 4-1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 bottle (2 liters) cola
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place the ribs in large resealable plastic bags; add cola. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard cola. Pat ribs dry with paper towels. Combine the seasonings; rub over ribs.
- 3. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place ribs over pan; grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 hour, or until tender, turning occasionally.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce ingredients. Brush over ribs; grill, covered, over medium heat 10-20 minutes longer or until browned, turning and basting occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 1218 calories, 69g fat (26g saturated fat), 275mg cholesterol, 1189mg sodium, 91g carbohydrate (85g sugars, 1g fiber), 57g protein.
Reviews for Molasses-Glazed Baby Back Ribs
"Can these be cooked in a slow cooker? The recipe sounds great!"
"Excellent on the grill. Looking forward to making them again on Memorial Day."
"not bad, but not spectacular ..still hunting for perfect rib recipe."
"Yes but I would slow cook them in an oven first. The flavour was excellent but they were not fall-off-the bone even though I bought fresh baby back ribs which you usually can't go wrong with. We were disappointed."
"I used a temp of 350 since there was no temp indicated...."
"I omitted the cola marinade & baked in low-heat oven for 3 hours; then basted with sauce for the last hour. Ribs were perfect and tasted great!! Best sauce recipe I've found."
"Hands down, the best ribs we've ever had. We'll be making these again soon. Fantastic!We did bake them in the oven at about 350 for 15 minutes or so before we put them on the grill."
"These were amazing! I'm always experimenting to find the perfect rib recipe and now I've got it."
"Wow! I loved these ribs! I've made ribs in the past, many years ago but gave up because they were always so tough. These have great flavor with the rub and were so tender and moist. This will be my rib recipe!!"
"Tender, sweet and spicy. Great recipe, thanks!"
"Have made this many times!! I have also used maple syrup in place of molasses a few times and have been very happy with results"
"This was my first "Rib" cooking experiment and it turned out great! I doubled the seasoning recipe because I wanted more to rub on for an extra coat and did the same for the bbq sauce! Love the sweet n spicy combo!"
"We love recipe! Have substituted maple syrup in place of honey and molasses at times. Recipe is great for pulled pork too!"
"That really sounds delicious. Just reading the recipe had me drooling. K."