Molasses Creams Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and molasses. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets (do not flatten). Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until done (centers will be slightly soft).
- In a small bowl, beat the confectioner's sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost cookies while warm. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Molasses Creams(3)
Sort By :
These are my sister's favorite Christmas cookie!
I made these cookies last Christmas and plan on baking them again this year. I found them to be very addictive. Will make more of the frosting. Let cool before frosting and storing. Smell like Christmas and melt in your mouth.
I had lots of problems with this recipe. The cookies didn't rise at all and spread out very wide and very flat. As a result they were rather difficult to remove from the ungreased cookie sheet. Since there is no baking powder in the recipe I'm wondering if my baking soda had been around too long and had lost its potency. The cookies still tasted good but they were more like a softer version of a gingersnap than I expected. Does anyone have any ideas about what went wrong?