Molasses Creams Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and molasses. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll into walnut-sized balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets (do not flatten). Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until done (centers will be slightly soft).
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the confectioner's sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost cookies while warm. Yield: about 8 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 154 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Molasses Creams
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.