You can treat yourself to one or two of my crackle cookies without any pang of guilt. Most molasses cookies are loaded with butter and have way too much sugar, but not mine. You would never know these are so low in fat.— Jean L. Ecos, Hartland, Wisconsin
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten slightly. Bake 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Molasses Crackle Cookies in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014
Reviews for Molasses Crackle Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review