These spicy, old-fashioned treats are sure to be a hit with your family and friends. For holiday gift giving, I put a batch of this cookie mix in an attractive basket along with the recipe and a festive tea towel. —Barbara Stewart, Portland, Connecticut
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Divide into three batches; store in airtight containers in a cool dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (9 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add egg and molasses; mix well. Add 3 cups cookie mix; beat until smooth.
- Shape into 1-in. balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until the edges are firm and the surface cracks. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen per batch.
Originally published as Molasses Cookie Mix in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p59
Reviews for Molasses Cookie Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review