- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup,
- molasses, butter and salt; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cover
- and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from
- the heat and cool to room temperature. (Mixture will be thick when
- Stir in the eggs, bourbon and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Pour into
- pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil
- during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.
- Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without whipped cream) equals 653 calories, 35 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 489 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.