- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 5 to 6 tablespoons ice water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, molasses, butter and salt; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cover and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. (Mixture will be thick when cooled.)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir eggs, bourbon and vanilla into molasses mixture. Stir in pecans. Pour into pastry shell. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.
- Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Molasses-Bourbon Pecan Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p51
Reviews for Molasses-Bourbon Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review