The traditional Mojito is made with rum, which is both pleasant and mildly sweet. The version made with tequila is more tart and has a more distinctive alcohol taste, but is still refreshing.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 to 2 lime wedges
- 2 mint sprigs
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 to 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 ounces light rum
- 1/2 cup club soda, chilled
- Mint sprig and lime slice
- Squeeze lime wedge into a highball glass; drop lime into the glass.
- Add mint and confectioners' sugar; muddle. Add ice. Pour rum and
- club soda into glass; stir. Garnish as desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Tequila Mojito: Substitute silver tequila (such as Jose Cuervo Clasico) for the rum.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 149 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.