Mojito Slush Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup grapefruit soda
- 1 cup rum or additional grapefruit soda
- EACH SERVING:
- 2/3 cup grapefruit soda
- Lime wedge and/or fresh mint leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water; add mint leaves. Cover and steep for 20 minutes. Press through a sieve; discard mint. Stir in the limeade concentrate, cold water, soda and rum. Pour into a 2-1/2-qt. freezer container. Freeze overnight or until set.
- 2. For each serving, scoop 2/3 cup slush into a glass. Pour soda into the glass; garnish as desired. Yield: 13 servings (about 2 quarts slush mix).
2/3 cup slush with 2/3 cup soda (calculated without garnish) equals 278 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.