Mojito Slush Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup grapefruit soda
- 1 cup rum or additional grapefruit soda
- EACH SERVING:
- 2/3 cup grapefruit soda
- Lime wedge and/or fresh mint leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water; add mint leaves. Cover and steep for 20 minutes. Press through a sieve; discard mint. Stir in the limeade concentrate, cold water, soda and rum. Pour into a 2-1/2-qt. freezer container. Freeze overnight or until set.
- 2. For each serving, scoop 2/3 cup slush into a glass. Pour soda into the glass; garnish as desired. Yield: 13 servings (about 2 quarts slush mix).
2/3 cup: 278 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (59g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Mojito Slush
"Very tasty. It doesn't freeze super hard, so scooping with a measuring cup is easy. Perfect for a warm summer afternoon. I think the rum could sneak up on me though, if I'm not careful ;)"
"Great... I use mint water with the slush rather than more soda so its not so sweet."
"We made these for the 4th of July and they were a big hit. They were absolutely DELICIOUS!"