Whether you're splashing poolside or watching the kids inside, this slushy beverage has just the right balance of minty crispness and limey tartness that's sure to tingle your taste buds. —Jessica Ring, Chicago, Illinois
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup grapefruit soda
- 1 cup rum or additional grapefruit soda
- EACH SERVING:
- 2/3 cup grapefruit soda
- Lime wedge and/or fresh mint leaves
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water; add mint leaves. Cover and steep for 20 minutes. Press through a sieve; discard mint. Stir in the limeade concentrate, cold water, soda and rum. Pour into a 2-1/2-qt. freezer container. Freeze overnight or until set.
- For each serving, scoop 2/3 cup slush into a glass. Pour soda into the glass; garnish as desired. Yield: 13 servings (about 2 quarts slush mix).
Originally published as Mojito Slush in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p51
Reviews for Mojito Slush
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review