Mojito Marinated Fruit Recipe
All the flavors of the popular Mojito cocktail are featured in this fantastic salad. After you eat the fruit, you’ll want to sip the luscious syrup! —Marcy Griffith, Excelsior, Minnesota
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 cups each cantaloupe, honeydew and seedless watermelon balls
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 3 mint sprigs
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in rum, lime juice and peel. Cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine melons, pineapple and mint sprigs. Add rum mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 3. Discard mint sprigs. Spoon fruit with syrup into serving dishes. If desired, top with mint. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 128 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC