Mojito Marinated Fruit Recipe
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 cups each cantaloupe, honeydew and seedless watermelon balls or chunks
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 3 mint sprigs
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in rum, lime juice and peel. Cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine melons, pineapple and mint sprigs. Add rum mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 3. Discard mint sprigs. Spoon fruit with syrup into serving dishes. If desired, top with mint. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 128 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Mojito Marinated Fruit
"I've been searching Taste Of Home for quick easy Summer recipes. This was fast easy and fabulous! Loved the fresh pineapple!"
"Marge48911...there is a conversion chart on the Splenda that tells you how much Splenda to use for different measurements of sugar."
"This looks wonderful, but I have a question. Can I substitute Slenda instead of sugar. If so what amount should I use to equal the sugar amount?"
"Really great fruit salad!"
"A refreshing summer treat!"
"I decided to prepare this for my Xmas eve get-together this year - something light and refreshing, as a compliment to all the heavier meats and pastries of the season. I thought it sounded quite good - but I have to say - it was absolutely DELICIOUS and eveyone commented on how much they liked it!! Anyone who likes Mojitos - please try this - it's a winner!!"