- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 cups each cantaloupe, honeydew and seedless watermelon balls or chunks
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 3 mint sprigs
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in rum, lime juice and peel. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine melons, pineapple and mint sprigs. Add rum mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Discard mint sprigs. Spoon fruit with syrup into serving dishes. If desired, top with mint. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mojito Marinated Fruit
"I've been searching Taste Of Home for quick easy Summer recipes. This was fast easy and fabulous! Loved the fresh pineapple!"
"Marge48911...there is a conversion chart on the Splenda that tells you how much Splenda to use for different measurements of sugar."
"This looks wonderful, but I have a question. Can I substitute Slenda instead of sugar. If so what amount should I use to equal the sugar amount?"
"Really great fruit salad!"
"A refreshing summer treat!"