Cooked wild rice and molasses steal the show in this old-fashioned loaf from Diane Nord. "My family really enjoys this bread, especially when used for egg salad sandwiches," notes the Wolverton, Minnesota baker. "Try adding some caraway and fennel seeds with the rosemary."
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Wild Rice or cooked wild rice
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the rice. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Wild Rice Bread in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p62
Reviews for Moist Wild Rice Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review