Moist Turkey Sausage Stuffing Recipe
With tangy apricots and turkey sausage, this stuffing is a terrific mix of sweet and savory. —Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 3-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 package (14 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the turkey sausage, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the apricots, parsley, sage, poultry seasoning and pepper; cook 3 minutes longer.
- 2. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; stir into sausage mixture. Stir in corn bread stuffing; cook and stir until liquid is absorbed. Gently stir in cranberries; heat through. Yield: 16 servings (2/3 cup each).
2/3 cup equals 205 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 540 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC