- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 3-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 package (14 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, cook the turkey sausage, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the apricots, parsley, sage, poultry seasoning and pepper; cook 3 minutes longer.
- Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; stir into sausage mixture. Stir in corn bread stuffing; cook and stir until liquid is absorbed. Gently stir in cranberries; heat through. Yield: 16 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Moist Turkey Sausage Stuffing in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010, p35
Reviews for Moist Turkey Sausage Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review