Moist Turkey Breast with White Wine Gravy Recipe
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fennel bulb
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (3 pounds) frozen boneless turkey breast roast, thawed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the wine, apple, fennel, celery, carrot, garlic, mustard and bay leaf. In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, thyme, sage and pepper; rub over turkey. Add turkey to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Strain drippings into a measuring cup to measure 1 cup. Skim fat. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cream; stir until smooth. Gradually add drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 8 servings.
5 ounces cooked turkey with 3 tablespoons gravy : 238 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 43g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 6 lean meat.
Reviews for Moist Turkey Breast with White Wine Gravy
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.