Moist Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe
Moist and sweet, these biscuits are a delightful addition to any holiday meal— even breakfast. They don't need butter...but they'll taste even better when you spread some on.
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine sweet potatoes, butter, sugar and milk; add to flour mixture and mix well.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter; place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 184 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Moist Sweet Potato Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC