Moist Salmon with Dill Sauce Recipe
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. Place each salmon fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon dill and pepper. Fold foil around salmon and seal tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over high heat for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, broth, milk, mustard, lemon juice and remaining dill. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Open foil packets carefully to allow steam to escape. Serve salmon with dill sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 fillet with about 3 tablespoons sauce equals 238 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.