- and ginger; add to the creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at
- 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in butter and extract. Serve
- warm with cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 462 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.