Moist Pumpkin Pound Cake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, allspice and ginger; add to the creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in butter and extract. Serve warm with cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 462 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Moist Pumpkin Pound Cake
"children likes this very much. suja"
"Gorgeous cake! The only sad thing is that it wouldn't come out of the pan for me, broke into 3 pieces - so I am going to make trifle out of it. But the taste is incredible - got to have the pecans in there!"
"This cake is super moist and tasty! I didn't add pecans because I didn't have any and it was still good. I will make this again and add pecan next time (and maybe some chopped dates). Yum!"