- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves; add to egg mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. Remove pan and cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Moist Pumpkin Bundt Cake
"3. 5 stars. Made this tonight. There's an odd flavor that I think might be the result of the baking soda content (and it was thoroughly mixed in, I'm not talking about when you get a nasty clump in your bite). It just tastes off to me. Otherwise I would suggest increasing the spice amounts a smidgen if you like fall spices. Adding a touch of ground ginger would be good too. I baked mine for 64 minutes in a Bundt pan and the outside was nearly overdone yet there's an undercooked swirl in the middle... Pretty sure it's a problem with my oven, not the recipe, as I've had this problem in this same oven with my trusty banana bread recipe."
"Made this cake tonight....... Substituted butter for oil and 1c. packed brown sugar for 1 c. of reg. sugar... It was outstanding and soooooo moist!!!!! Definitely a keeper!!! Used cream cheese glaze to finish it off.... Yummmmm........"
"I was running low on butter, so I needed a cake recipe that called for oil. This recipe was just what I was looking for! I frosted it with cream cheese frosting."
"This has been my go to pumpkin cake recipe for the past couple of years. I make this at least a half a dozen times during the fall season. I love that it's so easy and not time consuming. It's very moist, light, and refreshing. I've made this cake for church groups and family, everyone loves it. Sometimes I'll drizzle vanilla icing on it instead if powder sugar."
"Very moist! Made a beautiful bundt cake. I made a pumpkin spice drizzle then sprinkled with pecans."
"Moist and delicious!"
"lovely cake...nice and moist with a wonderful flavour"
"I ve been making this cake every Thanksgiving for years. Only I use about half the sugar, and it still comes out delicious."
"The cake tasted good, however, I did taste the baking soda in every bite. Next time I will use half baking powder and half baking soda, that should lessen the baking soda taste."
"Perfect recipe. Baked 65 minutes. Was worried it was getting too dark but didn't want to underbake. Cooled ten minutes. Popped out of pan perfectly. Moist and delicious and perfect for breakfast, packed for work as a snack or as dessert. Our family loves sweets but we did not feel this needed any icing etc. perfect!! Thanks Taste of Home!"