- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves; add to egg mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. Remove pan and cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Moist Pumpkin Bundt Cake(19)
Sort By :
I tweaked this recipe slightly and came out with an incredibly moist cake. For the 2.5 cups of sugar i used half white sugar and half light brown sugar. I also added half a teaspoon of ginger, a pinch of ground allspice and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. This cake is awesome and actually tastes much better the day after you make it, maybe the flavors settle in more. Next time I would probably add some chopped walnuts and might consider adding a maple glaze on top. This recipe is great because it's so easy, and since you aren't using butter you can easily beat by hand and don't need to dig out the mixer.
This was great!! I used gluten free flour to make it less fattening.......it was Awesome. Added about 1 cup of raisins also. I will be making this for my holiday table.
Just made this cake today and it is wonderful! I substituted 3/4 cup or applesauce and 1/4 cup of organic coconut oil for the cup of canola oil. I also substituted pumpkin pie spice for the cloves and it has a wonderful pumpkin spice flavor and the cake turned out unbelievably moist. I will definitely be keeping this recipe!
Loved this! Made for my son's birthday yesterday. Served with butter pecan ice cream, huge hit!