Moist Pumpkin Bread Recipe
"This pretty quick bread is the only thing my kids will eat when they don't feel good," writes Tammy Neubauer from Ida Grove, Iowa.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:48 servings
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, oil and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 loaves (16 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 122 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC