Moist Poultry Dressing Recipe
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds day-old bread, crusts removed and cubed (about 13 cups)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth or 14-1/2 ounces vegetable broth
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery, onions and parsley in butter until the vegetables are tender. In a large bowl, toss the bread cubes with salt, sage, poultry seasoning, thyme and pepper. Add the mushroom mixture. Combine eggs and broth; add to the bread mixture and toss.
- 2. Transfer to 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12-16 servings.
3/4 cup: 212 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 694mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Moist Poultry Dressing
"Love making this for the hoildays!!!! all the family loves this!!!"
"I have been making this wonderful dish ever since the recipe came out. My family and guests always compliment this tasty dressing! -Lori in WI."