Moist Poultry Dressing Recipe
Tasty mushrooms and onions complement the big herb flavor in this stuffing from Ruth Ann Stelfox, Alberta. "This dressing stays so moist when cooked this way," she comments.
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds day-old bread, crusts removed and cubed (about 13 cups)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth or 14-1/2 ounces vegetable broth
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery, onions and parsley in butter until the vegetables are tender. In a large bowl, toss the bread cubes with salt, sage, poultry seasoning, thyme and pepper. Add the mushroom mixture. Combine eggs and broth; add to the bread mixture and toss.
- 2. Transfer to 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 212 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 694 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Moist Poultry Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC