- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grated peeled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 to 4 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, egg, milk, salt and pepper. Pat potatoes dry; stir into egg mixture. Add onion.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet; cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, adding more oil as needed. Serve with applesauce. Yield: 6 pancakes.
Originally published as Moist Potato Pancakes in Country Woman June/July 2007, p32
Reviews for Moist Potato Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2017
"These potato pancakes reminded me of home. Delicious!"
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2008
"I use my inside grill and I omit a lot of oil and cook more at a time."