Moist Potato Pancakes Recipe
Pass these potato pancakes around your table and compliments will follow. Arleen Osvatic, Waukesha, Wisconsin, serves her creamy, golden-brown pleasers with apple sauce.
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grated peeled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 to 4 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, egg, milk, salt and pepper. Pat potatoes dry; stir into egg mixture. Add onion.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet; cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, adding more oil as needed. Serve with applesauce. Yield: 6 pancakes.
Originally published as Moist Potato Pancakes in Country Woman June/July 2007, p32
Reviews for Moist Potato Pancakes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2008
I use my inside grill and I omit a lot of oil and cook more at a time.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pancakes >