- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4 to 5 medium)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla; add pineapple and bananas. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Moist Pineapple Banana Bread
"I make this all the time. I substitute 1/4 cup of the oil with applesauce. Cuts down on calories and adds extra moisture. I bake it in small pans and freeze. I just take out a small loaf when needed. It is the best recipe I have come across for banana bread."
"Moist and delish!! Love it and those I work with love it as well!!"
"Very good and moist!"
"This bread was delicious, although still prefer BEST EVER BANANA BREAD (recipe at TOH). Thank You for sharing."