- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4 to 5 medium)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla; add pineapple and bananas. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Moist Pineapple Banana Bread
"This was really good! I shared with other family members and everyone loved it. I think adding some walnuts or pecans might also be good! I'm keeping this recipe for sure!"
"certainly a keeper. I had a lot of pineapple tid bits to use up, so did use in place of crushed. I like the flavors-very moist, and freezes perfectly. I the banana flavor is mild and not overpowering. Next time I may add a bit more cinnamon, just cause I like it, and a bit of ginger- but that is the beauty of a good recipe-you can tweak a bit to your personel likes"
"I love making this recipe it is so easy, so good, and very moist. I am constantly giving this receipe to people. This last time I made it I did not have flour or sugar in the house, so I substituted it with cake flour and confectioners sugar. It turned out just fine. I also forgot the recipe calls for 8 oz of crushed pineapple I accidently put 20 oz. Whoops but it still turned out fine, the original recipe the pineapple tends to get lost up against the banana but with the 20 oz. you can definetly taste both. I also never drain the pineapple juice it adds to the moisture, if you drain the juice the bread just tastes ok."
"I make this all the time. I substitute 1/4 cup of the oil with applesauce. Cuts down on calories and adds extra moisture. I bake it in small pans and freeze. I just take out a small loaf when needed. It is the best recipe I have come across for banana bread."
"Moist and delish!! Love it and those I work with love it as well!!"
"Very good and moist!"
"I have nothing bad to say about this recipe! It was amazing and won the taste buds of all age groups both children and adults in our home! It is extremely moist. The only thing I did different was add 4 extra ounces of crushed pineapples, and put less oil in- I only put 1 cup of oil as opposed to the 1 1/4 that the recipe originally calls for. This bread was great and I will definitely make it again!"
"Amazing Banana bread ! I had doubled it and it turned out beautifully ! The only addition it did for "tropical fun" was throwing in some coconut ...."