- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4 to 5 medium)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla; add pineapple and bananas. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Moist Pineapple Banana Bread
"I love making this recipe it is so easy, so good, and very moist. I am constantly giving this receipe to people. This last time I made it I did not have flour or sugar in the house, so I substituted it with cake flour and confectioners sugar. It turned out just fine. I also forgot the recipe calls for 8 oz of crushed pineapple I accidently put 20 oz. Whoops but it still turned out fine, the original recipe the pineapple tends to get lost up against the banana but with the 20 oz. you can definetly taste both. I also never drain the pineapple juice it adds to the moisture, if you drain the juice the bread just tastes ok."
"I make this all the time. I substitute 1/4 cup of the oil with applesauce. Cuts down on calories and adds extra moisture. I bake it in small pans and freeze. I just take out a small loaf when needed. It is the best recipe I have come across for banana bread."
"Moist and delish!! Love it and those I work with love it as well!!"
"Very good and moist!"