Moist Nut Bread Recipe
The unexpected ingredient in these moist, convenient loaves is baby food! "A neighbor shared the recipe years ago when we both had small children—and many jars of baby food—in the house," comments Judi Oudekerk of St. Michael, Minnesota. "This bread has remained a favorite."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:32 servings
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) strained apricot baby food
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine eggs, baby food, oil, water and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients; mix until well blended. Stir in nuts. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 217 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC