Moist N Tender Wings
These no-fuss wings are fall-off-the-bone tender. Chili sauce offers a bit of spice while molasses lends a hint sweetness. "They make a great meal with a side dish of rice," notes Sharon Morcilio of Joshua Tree, California.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 5 pounds chicken wings (about 25 wings)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Place the
- wings in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over
- chicken. Stir to coat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until
- chicken is tender. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 197 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 478 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer