Moist Morning Glory Muffins Recipe
Not only did Rhonda Urich want "Light & Tasty" to cut the fat from her Morning Glory Muffins, but she hoped the staff could make them more nutritious. “I’d like to see flaxseed or whole wheat flour added, making them a healthy snack,” explains the Loveland, Colorado reader. We did just that. See how in the pages of the Dec/Jan 2006 issue of "Light & Tasty."
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and shredded
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the carrots, pecans, coconut, raisins and apple.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 285 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Moist Morning Glory Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC