- bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form;
- fold into batter.
- Remove 2 cups of batter; stir into cocoa mixture. To the remaining
- batter, add orange peel. Alternately spoon the batters into an
- ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Swirl with a knife.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter
- with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at
- 325° for 70-75 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly
- touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a
- serving plate.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, butter and enough
- orange juice to reach desired drizzling consistency. Add orange
- peel; Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 402 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.