Moist Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
"I saw this recipe in a free booklet I got at the supermarket a few years ago and decided to try it," recalls Elmira Trombetti of Gulfport, Florida. "It is attractive and so delicious."
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in pumpkin. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Add syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over crust.
- 3. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of the pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. In a small saucepan, melt the butter; add syrup and cornstarch mixture.
- 5. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in raisins and walnuts. Cool to lukewarm. Spoon over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 413 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC