- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the lemon juice, extracts and lemon peel. Add flour; beat just until moistened.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Dip tops of cakes into glaze; place on waxed paper to dry. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Moist Lemon Tea Cakes
Sort By :
"These are so good! The glaze recipe makes more glaze than you could possibly use unless you triple or quadroupled the tea cake recipe. The tea cakes are delicious on their own without the glaze too. The batter was a little thicker than I expected, so it was a little messy getting it into the mini muffin spots, but other than that, it was easy to make and very, very good."
"They are so good and the glaze is not needed. I don't care for overly sweet . I made half the recipe and only 1 cup of sugar. YUMMY"
"Has anyone tried to make these using mini muffin paper liners?"
"These are absolutely delicious and are a treat for my family. I made half the recipe to test how they turned out. The 10-15 minutes at 325 degrees (gas oven) did not bake them sufficiently as they were still raw inside - did anyone else have this problem? I baked another batch close to 25 minutes to get them to look like the picture. Did anyone else experience this? The half recipe made about 54 tea cakes. Also, even cutting the glaze recipe in half resulted in too much glaze.. I intend to keep making these as they are a wonderful addition for parties and family get-togethers. If anyone has any advice as to the baking problem, please contact me online."
"absolutely delicious....makes alot...these are so tender and flavorful!!"