Moist Lemon Tea Cakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 5-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the lemon juice, extracts and lemon peel. Add flour; beat just until moistened.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Dip tops of cakes into glaze; place on waxed paper to dry. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Moist Lemon Tea Cakes(46)
Sort By :
absolutely delicious....makes alot...these are so tender and flavorful!!
I CANNOT make these very often, as I cannot make myself stop. One of the best tasting little bites ever! I freeze a lot of the extras BEFORE glazing. Take them directly from the freezer, dip the top in the glaze (leftover in fridge) and it only takes a few minutes for them to thaw.
Hey these are fantastic! I love how moist and thick they are. They are perfect for a tea party, or breakfast.
We loved these!! .....to the person asking about the flour ....king Arthur is just a brand name of flour....you can use any brand name of flour. Granted, in some recipes the flour may make a difference, but in general I don't usually notice a difference.
You don't have to use King Arthur flour. Use regular flour.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Cupcake Recipes >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Cupcakes >
- Lemon Cake >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >