Moist Lemon Tea Cakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 5-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the lemon juice, extracts and lemon peel. Add flour; beat just until moistened.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Dip tops of cakes into glaze; place on waxed paper to dry. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Moist Lemon Tea Cakes(40)
Sort By :
Very good. Nice lemon flavor and they freeze well. Cut the glaze way back-it makes too much.
I add two teaspoons of lemon juice to the icing. I can eat every one.
My in-laws love these so much I have to bring them to every family function. Do not worry that the recipe makes "too many" they freeze really well. Just drop what you don't need in a Ziploc and put in the freezer. Microwave one or two for about 12 seconds and they are perfect for a cup of coffee or tea.
I have made these little cakes many times and served them when I did a little catering. They are a big hit and I have had many requests to make them again and again. They freeze very well.
These were very lemony - which is awesome. The recipe calls for WAY too much glaze. My only small complaint is that it took a long time to make all of these because the recipe makes so many servings and it takes a some time to glaze the cakes. But, overall it was a hit with my co-workers!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Cupcake Recipes >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Cupcakes >
- Lemon Cake >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >