- For meringue, in a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until
- soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on
- high until stiff peaks form. Spread over hot cake, sealing meringue
- to edges.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Cut into squares; serve
- with strawberry mixture. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece with 1/4 cup strawberry mixture equals 261 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.