Moist Lemon Herb Chicken
I wanted a healthy, flavorful chicken recipe that was fast, easy and a real crowd-pleaser. I got lucky and hit the jackpot with this one! —Kali Wraspir, Olympia, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet
- coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil. Sprinkle herbes de
- Provence and lemon peel over chicken; add lemon juice to pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 220 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.