This fluffy cake is a real treat drizzled with the sweet-tart lemon glaze. —Rebecca Baird, Salt Lake City, Utah
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup egg whites (about 7)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into lemon mixture until smooth. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar; beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the lemon mixture.
- Pour into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely. Remove cake to a serving platter. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Chiffon Cake in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p16
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Moist Lemon Chiffon Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review