"I originally developed this marinade for seafood, but it's wonderful with chicken, too," writes Nancy Schickling of Bedford, Virginia. "It adds mild lemon zing and keeps the meat moist and tender."
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over low heat for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear, turning several times. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Moist Lemon Chicken in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p43
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Moist Lemon Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review