Moist Lazy Daisy Cake Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla on high until thick and lemon-colored, about 4 minutes. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture. Beat on low just until combined. Heat milk and butter in a small saucepan until butter melts. Add to batter; beat thoroughly (the batter will be thin). Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool slightly. For frosting, blend all ingredients well; spread over warm cake. Broil about 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 404 calories, 18g fat (12g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Moist Lazy Daisy Cake
"Easy to make. Used with fresh strawberries and ice cream. Will make again!"
"I also remember this cake from my 4H cookbook. Love it."
"Made this last night and not a piece left over. Everyone had seconds and wished they had another piece yet!! Easy to make same day having company. Its a keeper!"
"Has always been a favorite in my family. My grandmother and my mother and now I enjoy this cake over the years. Can't go wrong."
"My Mom got this recipe from a 1929 Mirro Aluminum Cookbook. It has been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl. It's a family favorite."
"Carrie, thanks for sharing your family's recipe---it reminds me of my Gran, too!"
"Really love this cake. There is another on the site with more ratings, but i compared them and they are virtually identical apart from being for different sized pans."