Moist Jalapeno Corn Bread Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Stir in jalapenos. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares or wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 224 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Moist Jalapeno Corn Bread
"Love this! I have made this with the oil, and with melted butter. We liked it best with the melted butter. I add the melted butter to room temp buttermilk. DH and I loved this rustic jalapeno corn bread recipe. I cooked mine in a 9" round. Will definitely make again, I will add more jalapenos and maybe some fresh corn off the cobb :)"
"i'm not big on corn bread but i thought the jalapeno might change my mind. i used both jalapenos and habaneros and you could barely taste them. next time i'll add more. i used a cornbread mix so maybe that was why?!"
"We have grown our own jalapenos, so I was specifically looking for a recipe to use the fresh jalapenos in. This one fit the bill!!
"This cornbread is delicious!! Don't undercook it though. It takes at least the 22 minutes, and I've added about 4 minutes extra."