Moist Italian Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 6 hoagie buns, split
- 1. In a large skillet, bring the broth, garlic, oregano and pepper to a boil. Add green pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until green pepper is tender. Remove green pepper with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- 2. Return broth to a boil. Add roast beef; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 2 minutes or until heated through. Place beef and green pepper on buns; serve with broth for dipping. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 357 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 1674mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein .
Reviews for Moist Italian Beef Sandwiches
"THIS WAS GOOD, I THINK NEXT TIME I WILL MELT CHEESE ON TOP. I DID ADD ONION WITH THE GREEN PEPPER, AND PUT MAYO ON BUN. SELOGY"