Moist Italian Beef Sandwiches Recipe
"Italian Beef Sandwiches are ready in a snap, I simply stop at the deli on the way home from work to pick up sliced roast beef and sandwich buns." Served with an au jus created by dressing up canned beef broth, the pepper-topped sandwiches make a perfect weeknight dinner.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 6 hoagie buns, split
- 1. In a large skillet, bring the broth, garlic, oregano and pepper to a boil. Add green pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until green pepper is tender. Remove green pepper with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- 2. Return broth to a boil. Add roast beef; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 2 minutes or until heated through. Place beef and green pepper on buns; serve with broth for dipping. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 357 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 1,674 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC