"Italian Beef Sandwiches are ready in a snap, I simply stop at the deli on the way home from work to pick up sliced roast beef and sandwich buns." Served with an au jus created by dressing up canned beef broth, the pepper-topped sandwiches make a perfect weeknight dinner.
Recommended: Potluck-Ready Summer Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 6 hoagie buns, split
- In a large skillet, bring the broth, garlic, oregano and pepper to a boil. Add green pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until green pepper is tender. Remove green pepper with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Return broth to a boil. Add roast beef; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 2 minutes or until heated through. Place beef and green pepper on buns; serve with broth for dipping. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Beef Sandwiches in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p15
Reviews for Moist Italian Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2011
"THIS WAS GOOD, I THINK NEXT TIME I WILL MELT CHEESE ON TOP. I DID ADD ONION WITH THE GREEN PEPPER, AND PUT MAYO ON BUN. SELOGY"